Friday, September 24, 2010

Grown a foot or two


Last night as Matt was getting ready to go to his Church meetings Jarom disappeared for a few minutes and then reappeared wearing his church clothes. He claimed he was going with Papa to church meetings too.

He was so darn cute and insistent Matt couldn't refuse. So off they went to walk over to the church. (I would have loved to see President's face when he saw the "guest" in their meeting.)

After the meetings were over Matt and Jarom went to leave when someone stopped Matt for a quick question. Apparently the little guy was sick of meetings at this point and when Matt turned his back (he claimed it was only a minute) took off for home.

I'm sitting at home when I hear someone on the stairs. In walks Jarom and says "I'm home." Then we wait, and wait. Finally I open the door and look out into the darkness thinking Matt stopped to talk to a neighbor, but I see nothing. I started feeling a little nervous so I was getting ready to call when Matt bursts in the door shouting "Is the boy here?"

Matt had turned around after answering the question at church and couldn't find the boy anywhere. He had searched the church then ran all the way home, in the dark, hoping Jarom had made it home.

So, thank you to any neighbors who were paying attention and didn't run over the little boy in his church clothes last night. And, thank you to Heavenly Father for the extra blessings we receive while Papa's serving.

No comments: