Friday, April 18, 2008

The Bane of my Existence...


Laundry.

I can never seem to get it all done!  It multiplies like bunnies!  Nothing ever gets washed according to the labels.  (who has the time or energy for that?)  Little girls like to change their clothes 4 times a day and every outfit goes in the laundry basket (or the floor).   Jarom is still going through a couple of changes every day, plus burp cloths and blankets, and his things NEED to go in the wash.  I used to be able to get it all done on one day.  Now, I do a couple of loads then get distracted and it is forgotten for a couple of days.  After a couple of days I have to start all over rewashing the soggy things in the washer and run the dryer to try and get some of the wrinkles out.  I can't remember the last time I actually ironed.  Wear it wrinkled or don't wear it at all!  Jarom's room always has piles of laundry waiting to be done.  I need a new system.  The system I had when there was just Matt and I is just not working for a family of 5.  Any suggestions?


3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

My new system is the one load a day approach. I through a batch in the washer in the morning and then when the kids and I get home it goes in the dryer. After dinner during TV time it gets folded. At least that's the plan.

Brin actually started doing her own laundry this week. I went to tuck her into bed on Thursday night and couldn't find her blankets. "Where are your blankies" I innocently asked. "They were dirty, so I put them in the washer." she matter of factly answered. So I went to go check and she had put them in and pushed the button on our front load washer that starts a batch of laundry. I returned to her room and said "Sweetie, we have to use soap to wash stuff to get it clean". "Okay," her reply,"next time!"

Brian suggested I just move the soap down so they can reach it and then they can start doing their own laundry.

ndpete said...

Hehe I only do the wash for one person but when you have to wash white shirts in a bucket and wait for the to dry on the line it takes a little while...I feel the pain tricia...well sort of haha we could always switch places and you could wash all that by hand :) Just kidding good luck!

mikeandash said...

Cute blog! I'm glad I found it. I wish I had a laundry system that worked for me as well. We just have a huge pile of clothes that rarely get folded and we pull our clothes out for the day.