Saturday, October 23, 2010

Daisy

Some of you may already know this, but we have a new addition to our family as of a couple weeks ago: Daisy. She's an English Springer Spaniel and she's currently about ten weeks old. We got her a couple of weeks ago, and have spent the last two weeks learning how to live with her. She is well into the nippy puppy stage, so she loves to chew and bite. We've sacrificed a few socks, and unfortunately some shirts and a little skin. But we're working with her and she's getting much better. She's already doing very well with the house training so that's a great thing. She's a quick learner and very happy and playful. Our challenge is making sure she gets enough exercise and play time every day. We're looking forward to about a year from now, hoping that she's relaxed a little and being a great family companion.

We didn't really give her any time to settle into he new home when we got her-we immediately took a camping trip and dragged her along with us. We went camping with Mom and Dad up to Granite Flats in American Fork Canyon over the UEA school break. The weather was great during the day-sunny and warm, and cold at night. Fall colors were spectacular in the canyon, and we had a good time relaxing. I had high hopes for a bunch of pictures I took, but I think at some point during our trip I bumped the camera and messed up the settings, because they were all very seriously underexposed. I know that sort of thing isn't supposed to happen in the digital camera age, but in my own defense, we were on an ATV and I had a helmet on, so I wasn't really checking the LCD screen after each picture. Oh well, lesson learned. Interestingly enough, the most colorful picture I got was with my phone:

No comments: